While there’s nothing quite like salatim and challah on a Friday night, there’s certainly no rule against eating these veggie packed mini dishes throughout the week. Quick pickled or brined vegetables check all the main boxes of a healthy homemade snack:
✅full of nutrients
Whether you eat them on Friday or Sunday, they will definitely taste good!
Annael’s Brined Radishes
Radishes are cruciferous vegetables high in vitamin C, and are naturally anti-fungal. In traditional Chinese Medicine, they are used to treat fever, inflammation and sore throat. Save the leaves and add them to a salad, as they are edible and equally high in nutrients!
4-5 radishes, rinsed
1-2 tsp. salt
2-3 cups of water
– Cut off the ends of the radishes (toss or save for another salad).
– Finely slice them into large coins.
– To prepare the brine: In a bowl, make salt water. The level of saltiness should remind you of the Passover seder 🙂
– Place the sliced radishes in the bowl, and make sure they are covered in water.
– Cover and let them sit to absorb.
After a few hours the salt water takes the bitter bite out of the radishes, and even kids enjoy eating them!