Faux Cauliflower recipes seem to be all the rage just now. From pizza crusts to grilled cheese sandwiches to salads and more. For those cutting out extra calories and starches but still wanting a tasty alternative- cauliflower is a great go-to veggie. Not having a very dominant taste, these white lovelies lend themselves well to being altered and enjoyed.
This food is very low in Saturated Fat and Cholesterol. It is also a good source of Protein, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Magnesium and Phosphorus, and a very good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Vitamin B6, Folate, Pantothenic Acid, Potassium and Manganese. And that’s just a start.
Crazy ‘Potato’ Salad
- 1 large head of organic, Ben’s Farm cauliflower
- chopped spring onions
- 2 stalks chopped celery
- 3 boiled eggs
- Pickle relish
- Low fat mayonnaise, prepared Mustard
- Salt and pepper and celery seed to taste
- Cut flowers into bite-sized pieces. Place in a pot on the stove with a small amount of water to steam cook the cauliflower. (This step can also be done in the microwave)
- When tender but not too soft, remove from heat, drain water and allow cauliflower to cool.
- Place cauliflower in a large bowl and add other ingredients to taste and mix. Adjust the recipe to your personal tastes. This is basically the same as your favorite potato salad recipe replacing the potatoes with cauliflower! I have served this at a picnic and no one even noticed that it wasn’t potatoes! Yummy!